Every year on December 31st people all over make their new years resolutions. Everyone sets their goals and make promises to themselves and others about what they are going to change next year. I tried it years ago. I find it better to make plans and goals everyday. I was taught along time ago to take inventory on a daily basis.
The year has ended and I like to look back and review the year. Especially this year. I also have always loved top 10 lists thanks to growing up watching David Letterman. I am going to list the top 10 positive things that happened this past year. Despite a lot of hardships, insanity and even deaths I am going to focus on the positive.
Top 10 of 2010 for Rich Hillen Jr
1. Finally published my first novel: Yellow Socks Confessions of a Non-Don Juan
2. Re-published my Serial Killer Coloring Book in a collected version
3. Made over 6o videos on YouTube of music, rants, spoken word etc.
4. Almost fell in love and lost with a smile.
5. Maintained and increased readership on a few blog sites through writing.
6. Moved into a new house with a friend. No more living at home.
7. I’ve been there for the people I care about for the most part and they’ve been there for me.
8. I had an article published about me promoting a book reading.
9. I started a new social network that is moving along called NovaBoon.
10. I finally found a job after 6 months of unemployment that has a lot of potential.
Man. I have a lot more to add. Most of the list is kind of superficial but I am so grateful for everything. I am also grateful for my friends and family that put up with my down times and helped me through it. I am grateful for learning to accept myself for what I am. I thank God every day for keeping me sober.
And quick shout out to you. Thank you for reading.